dinsdag 28 april 2009

Last Weekend Davao

After my graduation in the Maryknoll Language School, my family in Doña Asuncion made something extra for dinner. They prepared loempias, cheese rolls and roasted tuna, delivious! After that, together with the people from the boarding house of Pieter, with Frithtjof, and the son and daughter of Arnold (from Broederlijk Delen, my “boss”), we went partying in Rizal promenade. In a club called 183... The music in the clubs are the same music I heard in clubs in China, or even worse. One commercial song after the other, making it impossible for me to dance. But still I had some fun sitting outside, drinking some beers and listening to a live (cover) band. My friends from the Alternative Center will give a Reagge festival on the Island of Samal, but that will only be in June or so... Being in Asia again did me realize again how good we have it in Belgium for partys, concerts and festivals!


The next day I went ziplining with my family close to Digos (an hour and a half or so from Davao) in mount Apo park. Ziplining is going with a cable from a higher point in the mountain to another point while you hang in superman position. A nice thrill and a nice view.


Later we visited the “Agong house” by ???, a famous artist from Mindanao. It was a nice, small house, based on the original builing style of Mindanao indigenous tribes, with a very nice garden around it with lots of flowers and statues in the mountains.




So my stay in Davao is almost at his end, and on Wednesday, Arnold will take me to Don Bosco in Makilala where I can start my real work... Although I still do not know what I want and can do there, I look forward on being there again, amongst those nice people in mountains.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten