vrijdag 9 oktober 2009

Back in Mindanao

Hello everybody,

its again been a while I posted something here...

I am back in Mindanao for a couple of weeks and back to work. I am finishing at the moment my anti-television campaign, which I will present to the staff, to teachers and parents. It is a seminar, aimed especially towards the negative effects of television for children. Did you know that the average hours spent daily in front of television in USA, Canada, Australia and EU are 4H a day... That means that, once you reached the age of 75, you will have spent more than 12 years of 24 hours non stop watching television... GRAVE!!!
Another of my new assignments is to investigate the possibilities to use ORMES in organic agriculture. ORMES is a very strange and interesting product, it has a lot to do with alchemy, the light of live, manna etc. I am just started to do research, I hope to be able to make it myself and to see the effects on plants...
And then also, I am busy with decorating our new house and making a herb garden in front of it and planting some ornamental plants to upgrade the place. Yes, we moved house... I live now in a house, specially for foreign volunteers. It has four rooms, but now only two are occupied. I live together with Felix, a new German volunteer. It is very nice in our house, we cook our meals now, and most important of all, I have my own room.

I still enjoy myself a lot here, there are so many things I learned here, and still so many things to learn. I am here already 7 months, over half of my period, that means that time will pass very quickly now, and before I realize it, I will be back in Belgium. What I am going to do once I am back is even for me a mystery... My plans change with the days, but I hope to find a payed job somewhere Africa... But that is only one of the many options.

Next time when I am somewhere with a fast internet connection, I will upload some more photos from my trip and the new volunteer house.

I wish everybody a wonderful and blessed day, hope to see you all soon again.

Ah, also, here in Mindanao we are fine, we are not affected by any heavy super typhoon, only maybe a bit more rain and daily brown outs...

Blessings and love!!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten